Friday, April 17, 2020

Quick Hit Band Interview: Okudaxij

Okudaxij at La Tierra De La Culebra
Interview with the band. Enjoy:

How would you describe your music? I would describe my music as short and intense explorations of very specific emotions. I would also describe it as indie rock :)

What inspires you to write/compose your songs? I get inspired to write music by experiencing life and experiencing art. Music by other musicians is often very inspiring to me. I’ve stolen more than my fair share of ideas. Sometimes I need to write songs in order to digest what I’m feeling, and those are usually my favorites. But mostly I create music not because I get inspired but simply because it’s what I love to do!!

Own final thoughts: The name “Okudaxij” is a terrible name that I gave to a video game character while I was attending college. The game I was playing was very long (it lasted a whole semester) so by the end of it some of my roommates were calling me Okudaxij, so it’s sort of a nickname I gave myself, but also not.

No comments:

Post a Comment