Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Quarantine Online Sets: Version 7

I saw a full set by tiLLie for the first time in 2018 at Broke LA and immediately fell in love with her pop driven music. A couple years went by and I was invited to the Geometro Party where I got to catch a two song set. When I noticed that she was part of BIIANCO's curated Uncancelled Fest, I was on board. Sure, it wasn't the same as seeing her live, but it was still an amazing experience. She spent her time siting in front of the camera inside her garage, either singing karaoke to tracks or using a synth-type guitar. The set went from talkative to depressing to party town. She took us through all levels of emotions. And she gave an over-time performance, adding 15 minutes to her set for a 45-minute set. Just brilliant.

tiLLie

Buzzbands has been doing a series of QUARANTUNES. Up recently were Will FoxAlicia Blue, and Mini Trees. Will Fox, like tiLLie, gave an extensive set at 45 minutes. As his 30 minute set was coming to a close, he kept saying, "Let's play one more." Though there was no interaction between those watching and the musician other than messages on Instagram Stories, it felt all so close none the less.

Will Fox

Alicia Blue and Mini Trees played 4 p.m. sets on Thursday (4/16) and Friday (4/17). I'm currently working at home so I tuned in while working on the computer. The folk sounds of Alicia Blue and the acoustic moods of Mini Trees made for a perfect background music while closing out the workday. What was really cool was seeing my Show Alert for Alicia Blue go a touch viral on Instagram Stories. I saw that it got picked up by Alicia Blue, The Hi Hat and Buzzbands. Maybe others picked it up, also.

Alicia Blue

Mini Trees



No comments:

Post a Comment