Sunday, April 19, 2020

Coronavirus Diary: April 19

There doesn't really seem to be much interesting happening in life other than the mundane. I went out for an hour walk on Saturday morning. That seems very similar to what I've been doing on a daily basis. I did skip a couple days in the middle of the week. Lucky for me, it was driven by the fact that I was busy working from home. That honestly isn't something to complain about these days considering all those who are finding themselves unemployed. Though I will say that I find it hard to keep motivated to do my work. For me, there's just something about going to the office vs always being at home.

I live by some hills in Glendale. I used to climb up them, but stopped when I started to wear a mask while walking. A couple weeks back, I went walking up a hill in a mask and nearly fainted by the time I got to the top. I decided to not do that any longer until I can exercise without a mask. I noticed a Facebook comment from an old summer camp friend who also said she had difficulties exercising with a mask on. It does bring a whole new dimension to exercising.

What I continue to do is jaywalk across the four lane boulevards that cross Glendale. I just don't want to touch those "Walk" buttons. I just keep an eye out to see if any Glendale police are driving around and then just go for it.

There were some scary moments on Tuesday night (4/14). It seemed like throughout the night, ambulance sirens were heard constantly throughout the night. A friend asked if maybe it was just police sirens. I replied back that this would have been even more scary if the police were having to turn their sirens on so often throughout the night.

A couple new things I'm doing is re-arranging my apartment and tossing things into the garbage bin. After having to create a small office space, I tossed everything that was in that area onto the floor of my bedroom. Well, I finally got into properly re-arranging some of the stuff (most of it) in an organized manner. It only took 4 weeks. On Saturday, I went through my closet and started to look through everything. I tossed a number of things. I didn't go through the full close, just 1/3 of it. I'll go through the rest eventually. 

In terms of going through my DVR library, I watched the movie "Wonder." I found it very enjoyable, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but think it was a totally unrealistic view point of someone living with disfigurement. Of course, the message of the movie is to treat everyone with respect and love and to look beyond appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment