Saturday, April 25, 2020

Coronavirus Diary: April 25th

Luckily, I've been rather busy working from home. So that has kept me occupied over the last couple weeks. In fact, it is rather stressful. I really can't complain about that too much. I do wonder how much my electric bill will increase with my having my work computer and lights on all day long.

One significant thing I did (significant is relative) is that I went to Smart and Final on Monday night at around 9:15 p.m. It was on a whim. I've avoiding going to Sprouts, Trader Joe's and Vons since mid-March due to fear of crowds. I don't know what spurred me to do it, but I did a Google search on store hours for Smart and Final and noticed that they were still open as always until 10 p.m. The other grocery stores have all shortened their operating hours. So off I went just to see how many people were shopping inside the store. There were maybe between 15 - 20 customers AND employees inside. I was so thrilled. The only time I really got within 6 feet of anyone was waiting in line where there were three employees doing check-out and maybe 4 of us waiting in line.

I did feel the recent earthquake that rattled Los Angeles. Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was an earthquake. My upstairs neighbors started to run around upstairs and so I wasn't sure if it was an earthquake or my neighbors just making a lot of racket and causing the ceiling to rumble. One thing I have noticed about my upstairs neighbors is that they vacuum their apartment one to two times a day. I don't know if this is a COVID-19 thing that they do or if they've always done it and I've just always been at work when they vacuum.

Another strange thing that this COVID-19 life has impacted is my sleep. This past week, I've gone a couple nights where I couldn't fall asleep until 2 a.m. while other nights I sleep from 11:30 p.m. until 8 a.m. It might be driven by the heatwave the has hit Los Angeles this week. My body might need to get used to these higher temperatures again.

In terms of TV/movies, I've kept myself busy watching HBO's Ballers. I got through all of Season 2 this past week, watching a couple episodes every night. I'm not saying it is a favorite TV show, but I am enjoying the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment