Monday, September 10, 2018

Quick Hit Band Interview: HUNTR

HUNTR at The Satellite
Interview with the band. Enjoy:

What’s the story behind how the band started out? Bere: I started music as a solo artist and decided after a little hiatus I wanted to push my sound a little further left. I knew the only way to do that was by bringing on musicians. I found Nick on Youtube, and Boris on BandMix.

What band/artist would you most like to open for and why the choice? Run the Jewels, Kid Cudi, Tyler the Creator, all of them sonically lean alternative, but fuse genres really while remaining very much hip-hop.

Own thoughts. People often ask us how we classify ourselves musically. Honestly, we don’t because that’s not what art is, but for conversations sake, we’re okay with “alternative hip-hop group.” We’re not a rap-rock band, huge difference. Also, we’re really rad live, if you haven’t seen us, come check us or book us. Let’s have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment