Saturday, September 8, 2018

Moroccan Lounge: Brenda Carsey with KiSMit, Liv Slingerland and Livingmore

It was off to the Moroccan Lounge to take photos of one of my favorite Los Angeles bands: Livingmore. Though I had to make sure I showed up early to catch KiSMiT. When I was asked if I wanted to do some photography, I checked out KiSMiT (I'd already heard and seen Liv Slingerland
and Brenda Carsey). They have a song out called 'Every Shade of You' that brings back the romantic sounds of the 80s. From what I can tell, this duo/couple met on a cruise ship where both were working as musicians. One knew immediately that the other was meant for them while it took the other a little bit more time to figure that out. This is a duo to keep an eye out for.

KiSMiT
Liv Slingerland had perhaps the comment of the night: It is strange to write songs about people who were once in your life, but aren't in your life anymore, but they're still there in this song.

Liv Slingerland
It was Brenda Carsey celebrating her fifth year in Los Angeles with her band called Brenda Carsey and The Awe. This was actually my first time seeing her first set. I happened to catch a couple of her songs while running around taking photos for Buzzbands at Echo Park Rising. Backing her on vocals was Nicole Kiki Jaffe, who I've seen prior. Also, was Leila Milki. I'll have to catch one of her own sets. 

Brenday Carsey and The Awe

Livingmore closed out the night. This band has quickly become one of my favorite bands. Lead singer, Alex, has those vocals down. I was thinking about it: when you see her live or listen to her voice on Youtube, you get the same sound. This just tells me that she has stellar vocals that aren't manipulated via a sound guy. 

Livingmore

No comments:

Post a Comment