Friday, August 21, 2020

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Edgar Everyone

Edgar Everyone at the Lodge Room (shot for Buzzbands)
Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

How would you describe your music? I would say it's mostly Electro Pop. Synthesizers, drum machines and vocal melodies in the foreground, but I also come from an indie rock background so I add some guitars on the productions too. Keywords for the style: electronic, dancy, pop, glamorous, French Touch, melodic, and at times melancholic.

Do you have a favorite music-themed movie, tv show or book? And then of course, why the choice?  Ahah, I would say Wayne's World actually! Just because I used to watch this non-stop as a kid growing up in France. I actually had the version DUBBED in French which is quite ridiculous and later when I got older I finally watched the original version and it changed my life :)

Own unique thoughts: I lived in Hong Kong for 2 years! (note that in the movie Wayne is actually learning Cantonese which is HK's language ahah) And being there it actually felt like 10 years . . . I was in my early twenties and still working in an office, before I committed to music full time. I don't know if you're ever been there but Hong Kong is quite a magical place. I actually went back 4 times since I moved out. It's still in my heart. And now with the protests and the political tensions, my nostalgia for the place is more alive than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment