Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Quarantine Online Sets: Version 33

It was a Wednesday night and on this night it meant catching a couple artists on WFNM and then jumping over to Desert Nights to catch a couple more. 

The night started out with Bailey Bryan coming from Tennessee. She had some technical difficulties that caused her to sign on and off a few times. The video was showing, but we couldn't hear any audio. She handled the problems with charm. It was good that the technical problems were figured out, because she put some effort behind her set as she had professional lights set up. She played a tuneful song before switching to what she called "bad bitch" songs. The songs had an electronic rap push to them. Folks would definitely be dancing in front of the stage if the set was live.

Bailey Bryan

Aaron Taos was up next from the East Coast. Due to COVID-19, he was hanging at hit parent's home. His fingers picked at those guitar strings with precision and rhythm. His vocals had a syncopation beat to them. Over-head, the ceiling fan was cooling him off. 

Aaron Taos

With the end of his set, I switched over to Desert Nights. Naomi Green had just started her set. She played her giant harp. Based on the conversation after the set, a previous harp was stolen during a Desert Nights event. Now who would steal a stand up harp? In fact, I would have to think that security cameras would easily be able to see who stole a harp. It isn't like someone can put it in one's pocket. Anyways, the music was calming and had me floating a couple feet above the ground. She also had some technical difficulties with her phone going to sleep while she was playing and she would constantly stop her music to get it to wake up. Interestingly, it never disrupted her music. I wonder if she could have kept playing through? I've not done an Instagram Live so I'm uncertain on that.

Naomi Green

Closing out the night for me was Brianna Falcone. She played most of her set with her guitar, but then ended the set using a dulcimer. I'll be honest, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone play a dulcimer. I could be wrong. As she mentioned herself, her music has a prayerful sound to it. It created a sense of meditation. When she spoke, she also spoke in a manner of prayer. I don't know if she is a religious person, but I swear I could see her being a pastor.

Brianna Falcone

No comments:

Post a Comment