Sunday, August 23, 2020

Quarantine Online Sets: Version 36

The following online sets took place nearly two weeks back, but I still have fond memories of a recent Wednesday night. It started off with WFNM and Disco Shrine. This is the second time Disco Shrine has played an online set for WFNM. I'm pretty sure I got a shout out at the start of the set. I love getting shout outs. It only happens on rare occasions. What's so cool about her online sets is that they're so similar to her live sets. She spent the set dancing to the camera with microphone in hand. A highlight song was her recent release, "Future Memories."


Disco Shrine

Next up was Royal and the Serpent. I just recently came across them via a Buzzbands' Spotify playlist. On the playlist was the song, "Overwhelmed." I was immediately overwhelmed by the song. I couldn't get it out of my head. The lead singer has rather unique vocals. For WFNM, I loved her interaction with the online audience. A very memorable set. 


Royal and the Serpent

Karmic closed out the night on WFNM. The whole band got together for their set. The two lead singers just have the best vocals. They blend together for some New Age Jazz sounds. There is also the undercurrent of Latin influence. This is the type of music you play while on a drive up the California coast. 


Karmic

After Karmic, I switched over to Desert Nights to catch Lauren Barth. While she played, I imagined myself sitting at a coffee house. I was drinking hot chocolate and eating chocolate chip cookies. And I was scanning a photography book while the beautiful music drifted through my ears. Someday.


Lauren Barth

No comments:

Post a Comment