Friday, July 24, 2020

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Kit Major

Kit Major at High Tide
Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

What's the story behind what got you to take the step to start performing live? I started doing open mics in Chicago and LA when I was 18. I didn't have my first set until two years ago. A week before my first performance at The Viper Room, my best friend and I did a gig simulator inspired from the movie Tenacious D. We put my keyboard in the living room, and she put up stage curtains and created a fake audience made up of paper plates. She threw things at me while I played through my set. It was hilarious, but helpful, and I've been doing shows ever since!

Outside of music, what are some of your other interests? I love fashion and thrifting for vintage styles, films, writing poetry, screenplays, and short stories and helping my friends with their creative projects! I'm an art school kid, I can't help it.

Own final thoughts: Biggest musical influences: Prince, David Bowie, Lady Gaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment