Monday, July 6, 2020

Coronavirus Diary: July 6

I haven't done one of these entries in a few weeks. So back in mid-May, I wrote about some early fears I had about going to get takeout food and how I felt that might have been an over-reaction. Well, I've started to go out about once a week to some of my favorites. I went to Hugo's a couple times in Atwater Village. I am partial to their nachos. As many might know by now as it made the news, they decided to temporarily shut down due to people refusing to wear masks. Hopefully, they open back up soon. I've gone to Cena Vegan Tacos. I got to say I love their burritos. Finally, I went to El Flamin Taco food truck to get a vegetarian huarache.

I'll likely be heading to RockinHotChick-Un in the next few days. That'll be a trip over to Highland Park. I have not been to Highland Park since February? It has definitely been awhile. I wonder if Taco Zone is still running. I might head to Echo Park for the first time since February, as well.

I've definitely noticed a change in attitude towards wearing masks in Los Angeles. I've spent a lot of time walking around Los Angeles and Glendale. I would say that for much of March through June, people were not wearing masks that often while just doing normal walking around the neighborhood things. I'd say maybe 30% of the people I crossed paths with would be wearing masks. During the weekend of the June 27th/28th, I'd say that had increased to 75%. Now if that trend would occur in Glendale (where I live) I'd love it. I swear that Glendale is still at 30%. Of course, back to Hugo's, that likely means that 25% of their customers just didn't want to wear masks.

With movie theaters shut down, I've been spending a lot of time watching old movies. I recently caught Audrey Hepburn in "Two for the Road." That basically was the inspiration for "Marriage Story," right? I saw Joan Crawford in "Mildred Pierce." That movie is basically set in Glendale. I saw Humphrey Bogart in "In a Lonely Place." I've seen a few other older movies, but I'd say those were the best of the lot. Well, "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" was rather funny. Of those movies, I'd say Mildred Pierce was the best. Though this was a Joan Crawford movie, Ann Blyth (who played the daughter) was deliciously evil.

I continue to be lucky in terms of being employed as so many people are now not employed. Work throughout June was very busy, giving me little time to go out and exercise. That along with the fact that I've been going out to eat may have contributed to some weight gain. During the start of the pandemic, I lost up to 8 pounds. I've gained back about 5 of those pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment