Thursday, July 2, 2020

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Tiny Stills

Tiny Stills at The Hi Hat (shot for Buzzbands)

Interview with the artist, Kailynn. Enjoy:

How would you describe your sound? We’re a rock band heavily influenced by pop punk and early 00’s rock and pop music. We write happy songs about sad things. We have lots of feelings. 

Outside of music, what are some of your other interests? I am an audio engineer so I love mixing music and producing it, as well as playing with my dog, trying to propagate succulents, and trying to make a rented apartment feel like home. I have time to bake rad pies, homemade bread and make homemade ice cream a few times a year and I love making pierogi from scratch. HGTV forever. I love eating food and surrounding myself with beauty. Other interests also include going to therapy and masturbation. 

Own final thoughts: something unique about this band is that when it first started it was just me, Kailynn West, and I played all the instruments on the first record except the drums and the bass. Now, on our most recent EP we put out with Odd Robot I didn’t even play guitar- our lead guitarist Zach Comtois did. It’s been a fun journey to this point. I also feel like quitting every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment