Friday, July 10, 2020

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Kapali Long

Kapali Løng at The Satellite

Interview with the artist. Enjoy:


How would you describe your sound? My sound would be Americana Folk music with influences from Country, Soul, Blues & Hip Hop. Being from Hawaii, we grow up in a mixed environment so everything was always Genre Fluid like the Culture. 

How do you go about combining lyrics and music? I believe a good song can transcend genres! As for the music & lyrics, they were made for each other, you know when you know. The right words were made for the correct melody and the music is to help tell the story of the lyrics. I hear melodies when I read letters & words so it helps me find the right music. It all comes to me at once like a train. Sometimes I sit on lyrics forever until the melody or chord pattern hits me. Knowing when you’re done with a song is the real test. 


No comments:

Post a Comment