Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Quarantine Online Sets: Version 27

This past week of online sets was a bit more muted for me than normal. My usual online venue of choices were shut down this week: WFNM and Los Angeleno. But that didn't mean I wasn't able to catch some sets. Lauren Lakis was up on Jam in the Van. Of course, she wasn't jamming in a van. She was jamming in her living room. I love how the sunlight blasted through her living room window. It is always hard to determine the true sound of a singer when they're doing their songs solo versus with a backing band. Yet, I get the sense that Lauren is switching up her sound from one of punk-rock to one with a bit of psychedelic influence. Unfortunately, her set had technical difficulties at the end so I think the set is lost for good.

Lauren Lakis

On Wednesday, I went over to Desert Nights to catch Monogem and Ryan Levine. Desert Nights does things a little different than other online venues. Those sets are a mix of music and conversation. I've seen Monogem a couple times, but not anytime recently. It is always cool to catch back up with an artist. Ryan Levine played with emotion. And wait, did he say that Meryl Streep showed up at a set?

Monogem

Ryan Levine

No comments:

Post a Comment