Monday, November 8, 2021

The Echo: Shannon Lay, Grady Strange, Austin Leonard Jones, Pet Dress

The last time I saw Shannon Lay was nearly two years ago when she was doing her 2019 December residency at Zebulon. I went twice during that residency. Fast forward two years; I knew I loved her music, but I just didn't realize how much until she hit the stage at 11 p.m. this past Monday night. There is a contemplativeness to her Irish folk style that just mesmerizes. I stood there just waiting for each note to  carry me away. 

Shannon Lay

This was the first residency night for Grady Strange. It was a fun night of cooperation between bands and even the DJ. Backing Grady Strange was Mackenzie Howe of the band Pet Dress. Pet Dress played the night in the second slot and Grady Strange backed that band up. Opening up the night was Austin Leonard Jones who had Nick Flessa joining in for a couple songs. Nick Flessa was also the DJ for the night. They threw a trio's worth of Americana folk rock. Austin Leonard Jones mentioned the fact that he's a kindergarten teacher. I'm not sure if he was serious or joking. Pet Dress perhaps had the loudest fan base. Grady Strange will be hitting the stage for the all of November with some amazing hair flings. 

Grady Strange

Pet Dress

Austin Leonard Jones







No comments:

Post a Comment