Tuesday, November 2, 2021

New Music Alert: La Bouquet's "10 Things You Hate About Me"

 

I've seen La Bouquet a handful of times. The last time was in 2018 when they opened up for Kitten at The Smell. For that show, they came out rocking, which sort of confused me as I had always thought of them as a more mellow rock group. A recent release of theirs is "10 Things You Hate About Me" (which has to be a play on the movie "10 Things I Hate About You," which is based off of William Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew") that goes back to those more mellow sets that I was used to hearing from this band. I love how the music shifts the rhythm focus from the drums to guitar to full band.  

It is a song about breakup, a relationship that started when the two were 16. The song mentions 1990. I suspect 1990 represents the date of birth and perhaps this relationship ended in the distant past, but one has to believe that it was a rather lengthy relationship. As can be derived from the song title, it really wasn't La Bouquet who wanted to the end the relationship. Yet, end it did with perhaps the 10 reasons of hate never really mentioned by the other party.

Photo taken at the Bootleg Theater


No comments:

Post a Comment