Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Bar Lubitsch: King Mala, Halo Kitsch, Carter Benjamin, YVR, Timmy Skelly

I first came across King Mala via an online WFNM set back in November 2020. I was just blown away by her Amy Weinstein vocals and her snappy beats. When I noticed the fact that she was playing live at Bar Lubitsch for a WFNM night, I was definitely heading over. I was not disappointed. She had the goth look going strong that added intrigue to her deep vocals. 

King Mala

Halo Kitsch

Halo Kitsch closed out the night. She mentioned that she came across Grant Owens a couple years back and had worked hard on her music since that meeting and was now getting the opportunity to play WFNM. Her friends were pressed up against the stage to show their support. I was thanked when I took a knee to take photos, because I was blocking the view of one or two individuals. Another friend danced the whole set. They were all there to celebrate with her. Her enthusiasm was very catchy. 

Carter Benjamin

YVR

Opening up the night was Carter Benjamin. He gave a shot out to his wife who was home with their child. YVR is a staple for WFNM. The two piece band always puts on the pop beats. Timmy Skelly had a full band in place. So big a band that two members of the band had to play next to the couches. It makes one believe that big band jazz is going to make a comeback.

Timmy Skelly

No comments:

Post a Comment