Wednesday, October 16, 2019

The Smell: Liposuction and Pure Shit

I decided to head off to The Smell to catch a couple bands I'd never seen before. That's something I like to do every so often. I also have to admit that I decided to head off to The Smell to try a new photography technique. Yes, I've been doing photography for years, but I'd never tried double exposure photography. That is a strange thing to admit that I never tried that technique. (See photos for a couple examples of what resulted from the night.)

I got to see Liposuction and Pure Shit. Liposuction came out as doctors ready to perform liposuction. They also used an old-school elementary desk to hold their keyboards. The band's lead singer took advantage of the fact that the band played on the floor of The Smell versus the stage. He took command of the floor, roaming The Smell throughout the set.

Liposuction
Pure Shit started out the set by handing out overhead transparencies to everyone. Was there a theme going on between Liposuction and Pure Shit? Old school elementary desk and transparencies. The transparencies had some written words on them, "Only love is real. God doesn't believe in us. Forgetting is essential . . . ." I'm pretty sure these were the only words that were written or sung throughout the set. Their lead singer spent the set in a sonic mode.

Pure Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment