Tuesday, October 8, 2019

The Hi Hat: Champs, Kid Eyes, Tiffany Stringer

Sometimes, you never know who you'll catch on a night out. I felt like heading out on a recent Wednesday night and so headed off to WFNM's night at The Hi Hat. Champs was the first band that I caught. They were doing their first official show in Los Angeles. I kind of felt like based on that statement that they'd played in Los Angeles before, but perhaps in an informal type of way. This band features two brothers. I was very impressed with their 80s inspired tunes. I could have listened to them all night though the sound guy needed to cut them off before they were able to get to their last song.

Champs
Kid Eyes has a lead singer that can twist his body in any way he wishes. At times, one could imagine him in a straight jacket, attempting to release himself from the constraints during the set. I just got caught up trying to capture all those moments.

Kid Eyes
When I walked into the venue, one had to immediately notice Tiffany Stringer. During the music for the other acts, she was up front, dancing away. Talk about a person filled with energy. Her set was the same way. Her pop sounds were aligned with her bouncing stage show. It was a nice way to end the night. Doing a little Google research, I found out that she was a contender on American Idol a few years back.

Tiffany Stringer

No comments:

Post a Comment