Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Non Plus Ultra: Kevin with Cryogeyser and Gal Pal

It was off to Non Plus Ultra for the first time ever. That might be hard to believe as I'm out and about in the Los Angeles music scene so often. Okay, up front, I took a random route to Non Plus Ultra. I first went to an old location (or maybe a purposely false address) where a handful of other people were hanging out. We figured out rather quickly that we were all at the wrong location and one individual was able to nail down the correct spot. Off we went to the new spot that is near DTLA. I suppose I shouldn't say where as it is a secret address. I guess I should have just messaged one of the bands for the correct address.

This was Kevin's EP release night. I first came across this band at Echo Park Rising and quickly become a big time fan. Their electronic sounds are fast pace and fun. They played a 7 song set. Quincy was on guitar and spent a short moment crashing into the crowd. She also thanked the LAPD for not showing up and shutting down their set. Kimi on the synths wore a smiley t-shirt with a bullet in the head. It was also her birthday.

Kevin
Opening up as a last minute replacement was Gal Pal. The band started late, which was good for me as I ended up in the wrong location initiation, because the lead singer had to work later than expected. Though they were a last minute replacement, the band's name was still prominently displayed via the projection that shown against the wall behind the band. Perhaps it was done to make sure that people were aware of who they were seeing as many probably were expecting to see another band.

Gal Pal
Cryogeyser was the middle band with sonic sound and a lead singer who was quick with a smile.

Cryogeyser

No comments:

Post a Comment