Sunday, May 12, 2019

Quick Hit Band Interview: Absurdist Fiction

Absurdist Fiction at The Hi Hat

Interview with the band (with Tyler). Enjoy:

What's the story behind how the band started? I started writing and playing music as a way to express and acknowledge thoughts and feelings I didn’t know how to express otherwise. I’ve realized over time playing these songs that they resonate with people because there is no judgement in them, they acknowledge feelings of depression, of loneliness, despair, and etc. and that it is okay to have and struggle with them. Because of this I felt that I had an obligation to do my best to share these songs with people to give them a sonic world that they can be in without carrying all of life with them for a while.

What’s a dream venue/festival you’d love to play at and what about it intrigues you? I would absolutely love to play Desert Daze. I think it’s the best curated music festival in the USA. The thing I find most amazing about it is how they have carved out such an eclectic cultural space to share music and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment