Thursday, May 16, 2019

Quick Hit Artist Interview: MAWD

MAWD at Hotel Cafe (Rove LA/Baltisoul event)
Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

How would you describe your music? It's all over the board. One day I want to rock and the next I want to play a pretty folk song with some sweet harmonies. I'd say it's a mix of indie rock, folk rock, folk, with a splash of good ol' rock n' roll.

You mentioned you grew up in Placerville. Any interesting culture shock stories related to your move to Los Angeles? I've grown up going to San Francisco a lot and lived in a few other bigger cities, so there wasn't too much of a culture shock. However, I think the biggest shock of them all is the traffic! The small town I grew up in people would ask you how many miles it would take to get somewhere because generally 5 miles meant it takes 5 minutes. In LA, you have to say about how many minutes (or hours) it takes to get somewhere because miles mean nothing! 5 miles could mean up to an hour!

Own final thoughts: I guess one of the more unique things about me is my pet chinchilla Caper. She's always the star of the party. I've had her about 5 years and she is one of the loves of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment