Thursday, April 4, 2019

Quick Hit Band Interview: Teenage Ritual

Teenage Ritual at The Whisky A Go Go

Interview with the band. Enjoy:

What is currently influencing the band's music? Influenced heavily by Cyndi Lauper, L7, Danzig, and tons of 80's music.

What is your favorite Teenage Ritual lyric and what about it makes it so special? A line from "Born of A Demon"

"The Queen of my heart
Her eyes are glowing red
Never heard a word I said.
Now I'm hypnotized
Her lips starts to curl
For a terrified little girl"

It's important to me because it's about being honest with yourself about whatever is holding you back in life.

Final thoughts: While my band was first getting started in Montana, I was also a member of Jason Newsted's Chophouse jam sessions. I primarily write my music on the guitar-- but Jason is the reason why the bass turned into a thing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment