Thursday, April 18, 2019

Quick Hit Band Interview: Bogan Via

Bogan Via at El Cid
Interview with the band (with Maddie). Enjoy:

What's the story behind how your band started? Well, seven years ago I was looking to start my own all female folk group, when I got a message from a stranger on Facebook. It was Bret! He had seen some of my videos on Youtube (my own channel where I'd sing covers/originals with a guitar) and he asked me if I had any desire to meet up and collaborate! His taste was a different genre than what I was used to, but we totally hit it off and the rest is history!

What inspires you to write/compose your songs? It is probably different for both of us. I usually feel the most inspired when I am in a lot of pain, haha. I am always so ready to put pen to paper when I'm fighting my emotions and can't seem to expunge them any other way. But I also get inspired by other artists and Bret! He always has amazing ideas that jump start great collaborations. He'll show me a beat or instrumental he's composed and melodies/harmonies will just pour out of me! Bret, is always writing. He gets inspired by EVERYTHING. I call him a sponge because he just absorbs everything and creates art from it. It's fascinating.

Final thoughts: I guess we just wanna plug how much we hope to advocate for animals in our lifetimes. We are both vegans and choose every day to live as compassionately as we can and I think people wanna punch us in the face every time we talk about this, haha, but we love animals and our planet and always try to speak to that. We hate to see the cruelty that humans bring to the world (harming animals and humans alike) and we try to bring aid to that cause every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment