Saturday, April 20, 2019

Quick Hit Band Interview: Sugar Candy Mountain

Sugar Candy Mountain at The Echo
Interview with the band (via Ash). Enjoy:

What's the story behind how your band started? The current Sugar Candy Mountain line up came about because Will played drums with everyone. He was in Sean’s project fpodbpod off and on for years. He met me playing in my solo project almost ten years ago, and he played in Papercuts alongside Jeff. We all really love each other’s playing. I feel very fortunate to be part of this group of musicians.

What’s a dream festival you’d love to play at and what about it intrigues you? Well there’s a few. I’d love to play Gizz Fest in Australia because it seems like the best way to play around that country. I would also love to play Pickathon in Portland, because I’ve been following their line ups for years. Finally, I throw a fest every June called Hickey Fest up in the Mendocino Redwoods- it’s a great weekend that brings our music community together every year, but for me personally, it’s a lot of work. I would love to play a small fest like Hickey Fest without having to run the show too.

Own final thoughts: A Few of Our Favorite Things

1. Maple Syrup

2. Houses that smell good

3. Marfa, TX

4. Running

5. Flossing

No comments:

Post a Comment