Saturday, August 14, 2021

Redwood Bar: Warm Honey, Hellrose, Cosmic Kitten

Redwood Bar: one more music venue I can check off my list of venues that I'm getting myself re-acquainted with. It was off to the Redwood Bar on a Sunday afternoon to catch Warm HoneyHellrose and Cosmic Kitten.

Cosmic Kitten was the headliner. I previously saw them at The Satellite back in early 2020. I've got to admit, they were much heavier than I remembered. The drummer's arms had to have been worn out by the time the set ended. He was slamming his drum set that hard throughout. The guitarist and bassist switched off during the set. Apparently, this set was supposed to be played at another venue. I'm happy they played it at the Redwood Bar.


Cosmic Kitten

Hellrose is a band that I got acquainted with at Potty Mouth's recent DIY event. The lead singer, Nikki Martinez, happens to be an informal member of Potty Mouth. The music has a fun punk feel to it. Interesting thing that I noticed was that the bassist appears to be responsible for making sure that everything is set up correctly on stage before they start playing. He was caught off guard when he forgot to properly set up Nikki's acoustic guitar for one song and he had to run off stage to get the missing item. This was their first set ever and Nikki's parents showed up to support.

Hellrose

The first band of the afternoon for me was Warm Honey. A three piece band that rocked out. Their music has a Doors vibe to it. 

Warm Honey



No comments:

Post a Comment