Monday, August 16, 2021

Little Joy: Lavalove, Easy Sleeper, and Cook

It was off to Little Joy to catch some bands. I'll be honest that the main reason I headed out to Little Joy on this particular night was to once again catch Lavalove (a band I first ran across a few weeks back). I wasn't alone as the venue filled up for their set. Lead singer, Teala Rose Coy, has some enchanting vocals that wonder around the music in the most interesting directions. As I mentioned previously, the music reminds me of a former Los Angeles band called Summer Twins. One thing I noticed was that lead guitarist, Jenny Quay, knows how to pose perfectly for a photo. I got a rather cool photo while she purposely set the pose and then gave me a look to see if I'd nod that I got the shot. I did indeed nod back. In the audience was the band Moonily, which recently opened up for The Paranoyds at The Echo. 


Lavalove

Cook started the night off with a solid jazz set. There was no singing, just a straight off musical set where improvisation took the lead. They were followed by Easy Sleeper who took a turn towards indie rock: both in fashion and sound.

Cook

Easy Sleeper



No comments:

Post a Comment