Wednesday, June 23, 2021

The Silverlake Lounge: Ryan Hahn & The Believers, The Little Miss and Water Tower

As mentioned in my Starcrawler blog post, before this Silverlake Lounge outing, I'd already gone out to catch some live music - Starcrawler, of course. But I considered the Starcrawler set to be a pre-season outing on my part as the band didn't do a full set and it was an acoustic one at that, which is nothing like their live sets. 

I honestly was thinking that I might not catch another live set until early July when I plan to catch a DIY festival (there is an El Cid event that I really want to go to in a week, but I already know I'll be working late that night). But as I was scanning through Instagram, I came across a night at The Silverlake Lounge that featured Ryan Hahn & The BelieversThe Little Miss, and Water Tower. The event was also listed as an acoustic night, but it didn't feel like one -- other than the absence of their drummers. This is my long way of saying that I consider this night to be my official first music outing of the (hopefully) pre-COVID-19 world.


Ryan Hahn & The Believers

So how did it feel to be back seeing live music inside an actual venue? Since Feb 2021 (the last time I went out before COVID-19 shut down the music industry), I've seen live music -- I'm not going to lie. I've been invited to see some acoustic sets played. I ran across some music alongside the LA River. I was invited to photograph a taping of a band for the online version of Echo Park Rising 2021. But this, with the hope that we are past COVID-19, brought a big smile to my face. I just couldn't help it. The crowd was enthusiastic. This was the most people I've seen inside The Silverlake Lounge in years. It was amazing.


The Little Miss

The night was filled with Americana Rock. And yes, it was listed as an acoustic night, but the bands had the speakers blasting and the electric guitars plugged in (okay maybe just one). It didn't remind me much of a quiet acoustic night.

Comment of the night came from The Little Miss: How many people found themselves spending a lot of time on Zillow? Like, how would it be to live in Missouri? Cheaper. 

Water Tower

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment