Tuesday, June 29, 2021

The Silverlake Lounge: Nicholas Mudd Band, RJ Bloke, and Lasers Lasers Birmingham

It was off to The Silverlake Lounge to catch Small Town Friday Nights Acoustic Night. This was my second Friday night heading out to this event. On this night it was Nicholas Mudd BandRJ Bloke and Lasers Lasers Birmingham hitting the stage with country, Americana tunes. Maybe this is just the numbers person in me, but one thing I noticed: Nicholas Mudd had three members of the band on stage, RJ Boke had a duo and then Lasers Lasers Birmingham did a solo set, 3 - 2 - 1. 

Nicholas Mudd showed some Kentucky pride. As I mentioned once on this blog, I'm a Duke basketball fan. If anyone knows the history, Kentucky and Duke have an intense rivalry. But hey, that didn't prevent me from enjoy the set. 


Nicholas Mudd Band

RJ Bloke brought out the harmonica while his guitarist hit those strings hard.

RJ Bloke

Lasers Lasers Birmingham opened his set with three straight covers. What did he do during the pandemic? He said he obviously learned cover songs.   

Lasers Lasers Birmingham

No comments:

Post a Comment