Friday, January 22, 2021

Quarantine Online Sets: Version 78

Sunflower Bean was up on Dr. Martens' Instagram Live doing a quick 13 minute set. Stupid me, I accidentally forgot it was on Dr. Martens' Instagram Live and not Culture Collide's. I kept refreshing Culture Collide's Instagram for a couple minutes before finally doing the preverbal hitting my forehead. I ended up missing most of the first song. Luckily, as is the world of Instagram, I got to catch that first song that I missed via "tape delay."

I did get to catch the full second song, "Twentytwo." I got a 70s folk vibe that overlay across 90's Sixpence None the Richer's "Kiss Me" inspiration. Their guitarist looked like he would fit well with the 70s and that vibe fits nicely with the name of their band. 

Got to love the lead singer's footwork when it came to nailing the end of a song.

I'm really glad it finally dawned on me that I was suffering brain freeze. An awesome set.




No comments:

Post a Comment