Sunday, January 10, 2021

Coronavirus Diary: Jan 10th

What's happened in the past couple months since my last diary post? Well, hmm . . .

Anyways, for Christmas, I did a modified drive by to see my parents. Gifts were exchanged via the use of an automobile trunk. Gifts were placed in the trunk and then retrieved. A brief conversation was held from the driveway and the garage. Masks were worn. I think it was all done with an extreme degree of safety.

To keep my camera skills going, I've started taking my camera on my walks. I go on multi-mile walks so it is extra weight, but worth the camera memory workout. If I haven't said this already, I have the intension of buying a Canon R5 once the music scene opens back up or soon after that moment. 

In terms of the Los Angeles music scene, if you've read through my blog, you'll notice I've started paying attention to even the smallest news about the scene. I honestly wonder if Save Our Stages is enough to keep our venues open until September (my bet on when the music returns). And when I walk around Los Angeles, I see all these buildings up for lease (not exactly a great sign for the economy) and wonder, "Would that make for a good venue?"

If you're looking for a movie to watch from the 1950s, check out the move "The Big Heat." I caught it recently on TCM. A rather intense film noir crime film that looks into the criminal underground who has the politicians in their back pockets and a police detective who won't back down from his investigation. I've caught a lot of old movies on TCM. I mostly focus on catching movies that are rated 3 1/2 or 4 stars. Since I've been doing this from the start of the pandemic (replaced catching local bands to watching old movies), I have to wonder when I'll have gone through the vast majority of their top film library. I already notice while going through their daily schedule that a lot of the top films have already been watched over the recent months. 



No comments:

Post a Comment