Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Los Angeles Music Scene: 4th Street Vine Change in Ownership

(Yes, not 4th Street Vine, I know)
Okay, I've never been to 4th Street Vine. The first time I even heard of 4th Street Vine was in November when I came across a video that highlighted the plight of various Long Beach venues. 

Since that point, the venue has been sold to Dustin and Emily Lovelis who have a history with the venue.  
The following was written on an Instagram post about the couple: 

They started out at 4th Street Vine as customers and as with so many others, we became friends. Dustin performed at 4th Street Vine muliple (sp?) times over the years with his band. He and Emily are part of this community. 

The previous owners state in the post is that the sale wasn't a result of COVID-19, but was driven by personal reasons. They have a teen son and they've entered into other ventures. I find it interesting that the Lovelis couple are willing to take on ownership considering that music venues in Los Angeles county won't open up for a few months (my bet is September). 

It looks like the Long Beach music scene is seeing some significant "backroom" changes as Iguana Kelleys changed hands back in January 2020. I haven't seen any updates on the venue. It is possible the new owners are in the same situation as Silverlake Lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment