Thursday, January 14, 2021

Quarantine Online Sets: Version 77

Is it a surprise that the first online set in 2021 that I would catch would be promoted by WFNM? Not really. NOA was the artist of the evening. I remember catching her on a previous WFNM night. I really enjoyed her set so I tuned in this time around, as well. I caught a couple songs, but then due to this work from home world I had to stop watching as someone was trying to talk with me and we ended up working through things for 30 minutes or so. Luckily, the livestream was saves so I got to catch the remainder of NOA's singer-songwriter set. 

As her set started, I swear I heard dishes clicking together in the off-screen kitchen. She was coming to us from Canada and was playing inside her home. She has a very enthusiastic personality. She kind of reminds me of Disco Shrine in terms of personality. As her set continued, she gave shout-outs to those who were watching online. She called out her mom who could then be heard giving a short shout in the background. Was she the one clicking the dishes at the beginning of the set? Between sets, her family clapped afterwards. 

Her song "Slow" was about that period when you start a new relationship and you just can't wait to see the other person again. That was followed up by singing a John Legend cover, "Ordinary People," which is when one is past the infatuation phase of a relationship. A couple interesting selection of back to back songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment