Thursday, December 3, 2020

Joshua Payne Orchestra under the 2 Freeway

As I mentioned before, I first came across Joshua Payne Orchestra while walking along the Los Angeles River. I went over to where he was packing up his gear and I asked him what his band name was. I soon thereafter got to catch a day set of him playing along the river. And this time, I went down at 5 p.m. to catch him again. This time, he had visuals that played against the wide concreate beam that holds up the 2 Freeway. Visuals of eyes, wheels, and various shapes spanned the concreate as cars and trucks roared pass above us. His music takes its own twist on classical sounds as well as jazz inspiration. A crowd of up to a 100 sat on the river concrete siding or stood along the bike path. Sure, perhaps it broke some of Governor Newsom's COVID-19 rules, but who says he doesn't break them himself sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment