Sunday, June 28, 2020

Quick Hit Band Interview: Mini Trees

Mini Trees at Bootleg Theater
Interview with the band. Enjoy:

What is currently influencing your music? Usually the artists that I'm listening to will have some influence over my music whether I realize it or not, and recently that's been a lot of Andy Shauf, Bon Iver, Clairo. I also tend to write songs as a way to process my past so there's a lot of self-reflection influencing my songwriting, as well.

What’s your favorite Mini Trees song and what makes it the favorite? I think my favorite song I've written so far is Dust. I love playing it live because it ebbs and flows dynamically and has a fun energy to it. Lyrically it's a song that means a lot to me as well. Also, as a drummer, I love a sneaky time signature change mid song.

Own final thoughts: B'Day is my favorite Beyonce album.

No comments:

Post a Comment