Monday, June 22, 2020

Quarantine Online Sets: Version 22


I'm starting to hear about one off music sets being performed live at various restaurants and bars though it doesn't look like music venues are opening up. But I'm not ready to head out there to catch live music yet. Luckily for me, I'm able to catch live music online still. 

Gritty in Pink opened things up for me on Tuesday night. What captured my attention was that Plasmic was playing a quick set. Prior to the COVID-19 lockdown, I had noticed her name pop up on various show nights, but just wasn't able to make it out to catch her sets. I also happened to see her on DJ duties one night at The Satellite. Her enthusiasm during her brief set was catchy. Pink hair. Angle wings. It was all just fun. 

Plasmic


Opening the Gritty in Pink night was Shira Girl who I did catch doing a set at The Satellite during the whole FOMO week that opened up 2020. Actually, I guess FOMO week is really The Echo. I should say Satellite Nights. That night in January, she was showing her stretching abilities on The Satellite floor. This night, she was jumping on her bed while two of her friends were playing along with her bed action.

Shira Girl

In between Shira Girl and Plasmic was Tatiana DeMaria. Between the two pop gymnastics of the two, Tatiana DeMaria came in with a Hotel Cafe like calm. Behind her was a brick wall, which reminded me of Trencher in Echo Park. I couldn't help but think that she was doing a set during Echo Park Rising.
  
Tatiana DeMaria

Wednesday night shifted to WFNM. I'm telling you that I just look forward to Wednesday nights like I used to look forward to Monday nights when there was live music (residency night). WFNM always introduces me to new musicians. On this night, I got introduced to three new artists: Anna Dellaria
Paige Alyssa and Gayle. I also got to catch up with Leyet who I previously saw at The Hi Hat. Anna Dellaria opened up the night playing a set from her living room. While she sat throughout the set, her music had you imagining how seeing a live set would be, which would include a lot of great choreography on stage. That's my guess.

Anna Dellaria

Paige Alyssa came in from Missouri with a soulful sound. In between songs, she gave shout out to friends that were popping in on the set. It really was like a piano bar for the online world. 

Paige Alyssa

Gayle had the most fascinating backdrop. There was a mirror that was framed with wood fencing that had me wondering if it was framing that was against the wall or sticking out from the wall. Anyways, her music was pure pop joy.
 
Gayle

Closing out the night was Leyet who has a youthful enthusiasm. Her set at The Hi Hat was all about the dance moves. Her WFNM online set had her on a guitar and introducing an acoustic style to her music.

Leyet

No comments:

Post a Comment