Tuesday, February 11, 2020

the geometro party xiii

I got an invitation to doing photography at the geometro party xiii. It was an adventure. Many were dancing. Others were hanging out to the side or in the VIP section, just watching the crowd having fun. Selfies were being taken. Flirting was going on. Some were talking with friends. And then there was the line for folks dance atop a Geo Metro car. According to their Instagram account, 1,500 party people showed up at the event. I have to say it was a thrill.

Party Goer
And starting a little after 11 p.m., a number of musicians did quick 1 or 2 song sets that reminded me of a fashion show: Jon JonSad AlexPaige GarabitoSaro and TillieBella Dose, from Miami, did a full set at the end. It was great seeing Tillie. I last got to catch her at 2018's Broke LA. I remember her Sunday at Broke LA being the best draw of the day. It was also great catching Saro. I had wanted to catch his recent WFNM set at The Satellite, but I wasn't able to make it over there.

Saro
When the musicians ended their sets, the party picked up again.

Tillie
Over-all, I found the night a thrill.

Bella Dose

No comments:

Post a Comment