Thursday, February 13, 2020

Quick Hit Band Interview: Deaf Dance

Deaf Dance at The Satellite
Interview with the band. Enjoy:

What is currently inspiring your music? Political climate: one can't help but need to vent at least a little bit about this disastrous dumpster-fire of a regime currently in charge.

Social climate: people being shitty to each other is particularly devastating to my psyche. This has likely always been a problem, but feels even more prominently embedded into each passing generation.

Other artists (old and new): 80's or 80's revivalists mainly. Some early 90's underground sounds thrown in.

What comes first: the lyrics or the music? I formulate both simultaneously, actually. I write both/record at the same time. I tweak and revise as I go. Lyrics often get revised for a longer period

No comments:

Post a Comment