Saturday, February 29, 2020

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Jenna Noelle

Jenna Noelle at Shaken Vanity Block Party

Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

What is currently influencing you? I’m inspired by a few artists right now: Lianne La Havas, James Blake, Nai Palm/Hiatus Kaiyote, Crumb, etc. I like that they take elements from different genres and combine it into their own unique sound.

What comes first: the lyrics or the music? Music almost always comes first. I try to figure out the chord progression or vibe of a song before I turn to lyrics. It makes the whole process more intuitive for me.

Own fun fact: I started playing guitar because when I was a young teen, my favorite artist was Japanese guitarist Miyavi. His playing style seemed so cool, angsty, and effortless. I still dream of the day when I master the intro to “Selfish Love”.

No comments:

Post a Comment