Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Quick Hit Band Interview: One High Five

One High Five at Broke LA
Interview with the band. Enjoy:

What’s the story behind how One High Five started out? One High Five, as a name, started out as scribbles in school notebooks as a cool phrase. After writing more music, One High Five quickly became the band name. Moving to Los Angeles and recording the first album allowed me to meet some musicians that would help get the band started. After relocating to Long Beach and getting involved in its expansive music scene, I’ve continued to meet people who help put on the stage show. Currently, I have the great Michael James Adams, Ann Louise Thaiss and Kyle Traska performing with me. It’s a wonderful group and I love them so much. A high five is a fun act of celebration and it’s wonderful to transform that into energetic punk rock and to share that with our friends and music lovers.

What is one of the band’s high or low moments and what makes it memorable? Recently, I went over to Nashville, TN and visited Third Man Records. I used the vinyl recording booth to record our song ‘Fast Food’ and had a blast. You step into this tiny booth - barely large enough for myself and a guitar - a crazy WHOOSH vacuum noise starts up the machine leaving you with a countdown clock of about two and half minutes. Your only job is to play your heart out. Then BOOM!! - you leave with a vinyl record. It was great and left me with such a fun high and a memorable experience. We filmed it and put it up on our website. It’s so cool to be a part of the history of that beautiful machine.

First time on the radio was also a rad experience. "AAAHHH. Holy cow! I’m on the radio!" KROQ’s Locals Only played our song ‘Everybody Pull the Trigger’ while I was driving. I pulled over in a parking lot and cranked the volume. I called up my Mom & Dad and jumped around a lot.

Own Q&A: Ahh yes, people always ask - “Just one? One High Five?” My only good answer is this: One is all you need - assuming its good - to make a difference and have a good time. Now get out there and go celebrate. Thanks for the interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment