Friday, June 22, 2018

Quick Hit Band Interview: Kid Indigo

Kid Indigo at Broke LA
Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

What’s the story behind how you started out as a musician? My uncles were in bands when I was growing up, my mom and Dad are both musically talented as well, but one day my Uncle Jared Dennis pulled up to the crib when I was like 6, and gave my brother and me an electric guitar, a jazz drum set, and a keyboard. So from then on when us kids were bored we would play around with the instruments and we soon developed our own little sound by just messing around and just having fun with it.

How do you go about combining lyrics and sound? I normally start messing around with new chord progressions until something sticks, I don’t know, it all depends on what mood I’m in, I guess. I combine lyrics with sound most of the time by how I’m feeling. If I’m happy I’ll write about how happy and positive life can be, if I’m excited I’ll write about what I want to achieve or already have achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment