Friday, February 16, 2018

The Mots Nouveaux at The Hotel Cafe

The Mots Nouveaux. Time passes. The last time I saw this band was at Brokechella -- 2014. Yes, it was Brokechella at the time, not Broke LA. So yeah, almost four years later I got to see them again. Well, at least, if my records are correct. Why so long since the last time I saw them especially when I used to see them 3 or 4 times a year? Half the band moved to New York City. They did play a set at Hotel Cafe in 2016, but I wasn't able to attend for some random reason or another. So recently on Super Bowl Sunday, the half of the band that is living in New York City came back to Los Angeles for a few days. They set up a night at Hotel Cafe. Of course, I was a little concerned that I'd miss their set once again. I mean, what if the Super Bowl went into OT like last year? The Super Bowl did not go into over-time though it very well could have if Tom Brady had just a touch of magical powers like he had in 2017.

Aaron Beaumont
It was such a pleasure to see the band again. Emma Fitzpatrick doing the 1920's style vocals. Aaron Beaumont hitting the keys like he was playing a prohibition speakeasy. And then they had Rob Benedict of Supernatural fame on guitar for a song or two.

Emma Fitzpatrick

I have to say, I wasn't the only one who was happy to see The Mots Nouveaux playing again. After their set, a lineup of friends went over to talk to the band members.

Rob Benedict


No comments:

Post a Comment