Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Quick Hit Band Interview: Ex-poets

Ex-poets at the Bootleg Theater
Interview with the band (via Jordan). Enjoy:

How would you describe your sound? I’d say our forthcoming record is dreamy experimental pop.

What inspires you to write/compose your songs? What inspires me to write and compose could be many different things. It might be something I’d thought about for a while or something that came to me suddenly, it might be a sound of someone’s voice or how I envision a certain rhythm, or maybe from hearing another musician play or remembering feelings I got from listening to another artist’s records. But ultimately, I think it comes from giving myself time to be creative and to be open, and waiting for an idea to appear. It doesn’t always happen but when it does it’s pretty wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment