Monday, February 26, 2018

Pacific Radio and BAH RAM YOU at Silverlake Lounge

To be honest, Silverlake Lounge fell off my radar for about four months. I got into a cycle of going to the Bootleg Theater, The Echo, and The Satellite. And other nights I headed out to Harvard and Stone, The Hi Hat, and Hotel Cafe. There just wasn't enough time to head over to Silverlake Lounge.

On the fly, I decided to head over to Silverlake Lounge on a Monday night (2/19). I have to say I was happy I went. First off, it was nice to see that the bar was filled with an audience. In the past, when I've gone, there were only a handful of folks in the bar. Folks must have known they were in for a good show.

I caught two band: BAH RAM YOU and Pacific Radio.

BAH RAM YOU brought the horns for some ska-punk power. For the horns, they had two trumpets and two saxophones. Yeah, this is one large band. In total, the band features 8 musicians.

What I noticed: one of the saxophone players was wearing an animal hat. I wasn't sure if it was a cow or a lamb.

BAH RAM YOU
Pacific Radio hit the rock notes. They moved from song to song, almost getting a mosh pit going among the crowd. The lead singer had some fun with me, I have to admit. I was trying to take a photo of their guitarist. The lead singer spread out his arms and his hand got in front of my camera. He looked me in the eye and made some sort of amusing comment that I didn't exactly hear. Later, he went out into the audience for part of a song. When he headed back to the stage, he grabbed me camera and pointed my lens directly into his face to get a semi-selfie. Ha ha, my lenses couldn't focus at such close range so the shot came out blurry.

Pacific Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment