Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Week of Music: The Goldfish, Little Joy, The Cinema Bar, Highland Park Bowl, Harvard & Stone, Bar Lubitsch

It was another week of music where I went out on multiple days. It was first to The Goldfish where I saw Dayton Swim ClubAgriculture and Thief. Dayton Swim Club is fronted by Nick Flessa. The final part of the set was particularly awesome where a horn section was brought out to jam with the band. The final two bands were hard industrial sounding. Agriculture came out dressed as monks that perhaps had evil intentions under the red lights. Thief had the floor lights flashing.  

Theif

Next up was Little Joy where I caught Vicious 3 and Body House. Both bands shook Little Joy up. 

Body House

I got asked to shoot The Hot Club of Los Angeles at The Cinema Bar. It was my first time at The Cinema Bar -- a long drive out to Culver City. I didn't regret it. 


The Hot Club of Los Angeles

Then I went out to support Wonder & Awe under the curation of Brenda Carsey over at Highland Park Bowl. It was my first time ever supporting Wonder & Awe though I've seen Brenda Carsey a number of times. Each musician got one song to sing during the night other than the featured artist, Phoebe Silva.


Phoebe Silva

Next up was Harvard & Stone where there was a Christmas celebration with Lasers LasersNocona and West of Texas. It was a Western Americana type of night. I later learned while writing this up that the lead singer of West of Texas tested positive for COVID-19. I was wearing a mask and I believe I am currently outside the window for possible infection so I guess I dodged a bullet there.


Lasers Lasers

My final run was to Bar Lubitsch for a WFNM line-up. Cody Randall opened things up with a solo acoustic set. DYLN was dressed in red and had a couple dancers helping out with the sexy set. Ally Nicholas had her friends cheering on her pop-RnB sounds. Alex Rzyan had the vocals of the night. Neriah closed it out by making sure her set was as professional as possible. She had her own make-up artist to put on some final thoughts before the set started. And then in front of a full crowd, she put on a set that required an encore. Also, it just so happens that her mother is Brooke Burke, who won Dancing With The Stars.

Neriah

No comments:

Post a Comment