Sunday, May 17, 2020

Coronavirus Diary: May 17

Like my previous blog post, I was stuck in my apartment, working hard on the computer keyboard and mouse. I was actually finding myself working until 1 a.m. on a couple days. Though I will admit that for some reason I don't seem to get energized for work until like 6 p.m. Maybe working late is turning into the equivalent of me going out to catch music late into the night? I hope not. This upcoming week will involve long work hours, but hopefully my life will return to more normal work hours so that I can spend time reading books and watching movies.

I learned recently that my cousin came down with  COVID-19. He works at a nursing home. I also learned that 50 people in the nursing home got infected.

I had some long hours at work, but I did spend Saturday night with friends via Zoom. We did a short game night of Pictionary. Then we just hung out for a number of hours. For some reason, Zoom decided not to kick us off after 40 minutes so we just had a great time talking and playing Pictionary from 6 p.m. until 11 p.m. Luckily, a family friend has a child who walked us through how to use the Whiteboard option on Zoom.

One question that was asked during our conversations was: is anyone increasing their talents during this lockdown. Honestly, I had to say, I haven't done anything new. Does that reflect poorly on me? I've just been doing my normal photography, but just doing photos of a computer monitor versus a stage. Hmm, maybe I should be looking into expanding my skill sets.

One of the things I haven't been doing since this stay at home order started in mid-March (in fact since late February) was going out to eat (or in this new world just get a pickup of food) at a favorite restaurant. I'm like, "What if a worker has COVID-19 and gets it on my food? Do I really want to be consuming food that has the virus on it?" I am starting to think about shifting my position on this. The main reason is that I'm seeing various restaurants delivering food to hospitals. So I'm thinking, "If nurses and doctors don't seem to be worried about eating food made at restaurants, maybe I shouldn't worry either." Also, I haven't read any reports about individuals getting the virus from eating restaurant food. And I know that here in Los Angeles, there was an outbreak at a Domino's (and probably other restaurants that I don't know about). I would assume that if there was an outbreak among customers that the news of that would be reported.




No comments:

Post a Comment