Monday, March 30, 2020

Quarantine Online Sets: Version 2

Cancelled Fest was a 3 day event that I believe was put on by the local band Goon. I caught a handful of bands on Thursday and Friday. On Thursday, I caught Eric Davis and Just. On Friday, I got to catch Alaska ReidDraagJake Whitener and Skullcrusher.

Alaska Reid

The musician that I really wanted to catch was Alaska Reid. The last time I caught her was during Echo Park Rising 2019. She was playing at Little Joy Cocktails. For this festival, she came online a few minutes late, but when she did it was such a joy to see her online. She's currently in Montana, which honestly might be a better place to be then Los Angeles. There is just a beauty to her shy persona.

Skullcrusher
A big surprise of the sets I caught was Skullcrusher. I honestly was expected a solo version of the band's punk set. Some vocals screams to end the festival. Nope, I got this wonderful folk that just sweeps you up into a hug. Click here to catch her song "Places / Plans." What was amusing throughout the set was one member of the band putting together a jigsaw puzzle through out the set until I believe the final song where he finally joined in.

Jake Whitener
Jake Whitener mentioned that he used to play in Alaska Reid's band, Alyeska, so there was a nice connection there.

Draag


Eric Davis

Just

No comments:

Post a Comment