Thursday, March 26, 2020

Quarantine Online Sets: Version 1

I can't go out to catch live music due to COVID-19 so it was off to catching online sets. My camera had been set aside for way to long so I started doing the lame thing of taking photos of my computer screen.

First up came Thursday, March 19th, when I caught parts of TOKiMONSTA's live streaming of her new album. I watched most of it, but as it was in the middle of the day and I needed to continue my work at home job duties. Also, I did step away for a few moments to go out and do some social distance walking. I had been cooped up in my apartment for so long that I just needed to go outside and stretch the legs for a few minutes. She was sitting with a friend, listening to her album and just talking and getting drunk. Her music was a lovely mix of genres and I would most love to catch a live set.

TOKiMONSTA
The Saturday and Sunday was spent catching some live sets from an online festival called Alone Together Fest. I got to catch a handful of bands/artists that I'd never seen before: Ness LakePronounSunsleep and I'm Glad It's You. Pronoun and Sunsleep really stood out to me. Too bad both aren't located in Los Angeles. I'm Glad It's You had cool fog machine effects. Ness Lake played the guitar with tender loving care. The reason I tuned into the festival was because talker was up on Saturday and Dan Sadin was playing Sunday. Talker really killed it with her acoustic set.

Ness Lake

Pronoun

talker

Sunsleep
 
Dan Saden 
I'm Glad It's You


Prior to tuning into the festival on Sunday, I caught BIIANCO. Earlier, she had broken her hand and it had healed. After her set, she mentioned on Instagram she felts she broke it again during her set. That tells you how much energy she put into her online set.

BIAANCO





No comments:

Post a Comment