Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Quick Hit Artist Interview: Thomas Hunter

Thomas Hunter at Stories Books & Cafe

Interview with the artist. Enjoy:

How would you describe your sound? The songs of mine that I keep for myself are kind of all over the place. I write songs every day so whatever I’m listening to or inspired by at that time usually informs the way I decide to tell the story. Right now, I’m obsessively listening to Roy Orbison, Van Morrison (specifically Veedon Fleece), Sly Stone, and strangely, Jimmy Buffet.

Do you have a message or objective behind your music? If so, what is it? It is all about telling stories. I love stories. I love saying things that I would never want to say in public. I love telling stories that make me uncomfortable or are hard to tell. I also love making up stories to tell. Whatever moves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment