Sunday, December 15, 2019

Club Tee Gee: Neon Cowgirl

The last time I saw Holly Marilyn was back in late 2016 at Hotel Cafe. The only reason I caught that set was because I noticed something that Lauren Rocket (a friend of Holly's) said on social media. I had spent a number of years following Holly in the band The Child and for a short while when she backed the band Night Terrors of 1927. For her, the last few years have been spent living in Nashville. She just recently returned to Los Angeles.

When I learned that she would be at Club Tee Gee as Neon Cowgirl, I circled it on my calendar. Like the last time I went to Club Tee Gee (to catch Aging Actress), I walked the mile to the venue. It was a nice way to walk off some calories from a large lunch. The night was attended by many of her friends so there was a very supportive crowd. She mentioned that even with a support crowd, she was still nervous. She mentioned that past sets hadn't gone all that well, but that this one seemed to be going in the right direction. Gone were the pop/synth sounds of The Child. Replacing it was an introspective singer-songwriter's set that explored some of her darker past experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment